It's easy to book bus travel online with InterCity. Here are some helpful tips to get you started. If you're having trouble following the below steps, take a look at our web browser support page to make sure your device and browser are compatible with the site.
Searching for travel
You can search for available bus services and book your travel here.
1. Enter the bus stops you are travelling From and To. As you start typing the name of a stop or city in each field, a drop-down list will appear showing all stops matching what you have typed. If you have typed the name of a city, all stops within that city will be displayed. Select your desired stop from the list.
2. Enter your travel date(s). Click on the date field and select a date from the pop-up calendar, or type the date into the box in DD/MM/YYYY format. If you are not booking return travel, click ‘Or travel one-way’ at right of the return field.
3. Enter the number of passengers and their fare types. Use the drop-down field next to each fare type to select the number. Adult and Child fare types are shown at the top. Click ‘Other fare types’ to display Senior, Student, Backpacker and Infant fare options.
4. Click Search to be taken to the search results page.
On the search results page you will see all available services for your trip in order of their departure time. You can see departure and arrival times, transfer information and fare options for each service.
- Click on the date tabs to see results for the days surrounding the date you searched.
- Click on your chosen service for full details including service number, stop locations and important information.
- The amenities icons show what is available on the service, like air-conditioning, wifi and luggage allowance. Hover over an icon for more information.
- Click the map icons next to the stop locations to see them on Google Maps
- If you want to search again, click the 'Edit Search' button to change your search.
- Didn’t get any results? Read the error message at the bottom of the page for reasons why this might have happened and try again.
Click on your chosen fare option for your service and click ‘Book this’ to proceed.
- If you are an InterCity Rewards member, enter your Rewards number and password to log in and your details will be displayed for you.
- If you are not a Rewards member, you can sign up or continue as a guest.
- If you continue as a guest, you'll be asked to enter your contact details.
- You'll also find information about children travelling alone, and an authorisation form for this, as well as information about bringing a bicycle on board.
In your Booking Summary, you will see details of the trip(s) you have added and the total price, including the online booking fee.
- If you want to book multiple journeys in one transaction, you can add them to your cart by clicking ‘Add Another Journey'.
- You can also remove any journeys from your bookings list.
- When you’re ready to pay for your trips, click the Book button.
Take a moment to check all the details of the trips you are about to purchase and make sure they are correct before you pay for your travel.
- If you are a Rewards member you will see a checkbox giving you the option to pay or part-pay for your trip(s) using your Rewards dollars.
- Select your payment method – we accept credit cards or internet banking via POLi – and enter your details.
- Read through the terms and conditions of the fare type you are purchasing as well as our general terms and conditions. Check the box to show you have read and understood them, and that you accept these terms and conditions, then select your payment option to purchase your travel.
- You will be taken to a confirmation page which you can print out if you like. Your booking confirmation will be sent to the email address you specified.