InterCity GOLD Premium Seats
Travel in style on a soft leather recliner with charging port and WiFi
InterCity GOLD buses offer a limited number of soft leather reclining chairs, complete with individual USB charging ports and free WiFi.
Our premium InterCity GOLD seats provide plenty of room to stretch your legs. And the best thing is, they don't cost a lot more than the regular fare! Simply lie back and relax – plug in your USB, log on to the WiFi, and watch the world glide by. Very nice.
Where can I travel on InterCity GOLD?
InterCity GOLD is available for an additional charge on selected services between the following towns and cities:
- Auckland and Wellington (daytime and overnight services)
- Auckland and Tauranga
- Auckland and Hamilton via Auckland Airport
- Napier and Wellington
- Picton and Christchurch
- Christchurch and Dunedin
- Dunedin and Queenstown
See below for service numbers.
InterCity Gold bus services
InterCity GOLD is available on the following services:
- 6253, 6254, 6255, 6256, 6259, 6260, 6261 and 6262 between Auckland and Hamilton via Auckland Airport
- 6501, 6502, 6503, 6504, 7001 and 7002 between Auckland and Wellington
- 6356, 6357, 6363, 6366, 6371 and 6374 between Auckland and Tauranga
- 6961, 6962, 6364 and 6367 between Napier and Wellington (please note a standard bus service runs between Gisborne and Napier)
- 8707, 8708, 8711 and 8712 between Picton and Christchurch
- 8110 and 8137 between Christchurch and Dunedin
- 8502, 8503, 8504 and 8505 between Dunedin and Queenstown
How to book InterCity GOLD seats
To book an InterCity GOLD seat, look for the GOLD icon under Service Info in your search results. If you have a pre-existing standard booking on an InterCity GOLD service, you can upgrade to a GOLD seat (if available) by changing your booking.
Some InterCity GOLD buses are double deckers, with standard seating available on the top deck only. Others have standard seating on the lower deck and a mixture of GOLD and standard seats on the top deck. Please contact us if you wish to book a standard seat and have concerns about mobility.
GOLD seats are limited and subject to availability. GOLD seats are shown as a separate service in search results and marked with the GOLD logo.
Please note that seat style and configuration differs between vehicles - read the booking notes under 'Service info' in the search results to confirm the vehicle type and location of GOLD and standard seats.