Types of Fares
Want to get the best deal? or need the flexibility to get a refund if plans change?
These are our best value fares, which are non-refundable once purchased. These fares suit people who do not intend to make changes to their itinerary.
If you need to have some flexibility with your travel plans, our Flexi Fares give you the freedom to make amendments or cancel your journey.
Bus and Ferry bookings can be changed up to 2 hours before departure but additional fare charges and booking fees will applyShow more
- Bus and ferry bookings can be changed or cancelled up to 2 hours before departure but additional fare charges and booking fees will apply. A $5 fee applies to amendments made via our Call Centre - this fee is in addition to any additional fare charge.
- Train booking cannot be changed or cancelled.
- Once a Standard fare is cancelled or changed, you have until midnight the same day to make a new booking or the credit will expire.
- Bus and ferry bookings can be changed or cancelled up to 2 hours prior to departure (booking fee applies).
- Train bookings can be changed or cancelled up to 48 hours prior to departure (booking fee applies).
- A $5 fee applies to amendments made via our Call Centre - this fee is in addition to any additional fare charge.
Bus and Ferry bookings can be cancelled up to 2 hours before departureShow more
- Online bookings – Online payment required at the time of booking with Credit Card or POLi online banking.
- National Contact Centre or Booking Agents – You can pay for your booking up to 48 hours prior to travel. If you are booking inside of 48 hours of departure then payment is required 24 hours from the time of booking, or the booking will be auto-cancelled. If booking within 24 hours, payment can be made up until the time of departure.
No refund will be given if a STANDARD booking is cancelled or amended. A full refund is available for FLEXI bookingsShow more
- No refund will be given if this booking is cancelled or amended.
- A full refund can be claimed for bus and ferry service cancellations made more than two hours prior to departure.
- A full refund can be claimed for train service cancellations made more than 48 hours prior to departure.
- Refunds must be claimed within 31 days of the date of cancellation. Booking fees are non refundable.
- If you buy a Flexi fare by amending a lower priced Standard fare, only the price difference is refundable.
- If you paid by credit card, we can refund to the same card. If you paid with POLi, we will need to manually refund your account. There is a $2 admin fee for this service and you will need to provide your account details.
Passenger Fare Types
We offer discounted Flexi Fares to the following groups of travellers.
Students include local secondary school students and students at local or international tertiary learning centres.Find Out More
Discounts available to Backpackers with YHA, BBH, ISIC, Nomads, VIP, Peterpans Gold Cards & Hostelling International Cards.Find Out More
Seniors Fares are only available on selected services to New Zealand Citizens aged 60+ yearsFind Out More