COVID-19 Network Status
Latest Network Update: Monday 29 June
Gisborne - Napier - Wellington Services
- From 1 July, services 6961 and 6962 between Napier and Wellington will operate daily, with timetable changes
- From 1 July to 16 August, services 6364 and 6367 between Napier and Wellington will operate on Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday (express services with limited stops, no Gold seats)
- From 1 July to 16 August, new services 6965 and 6966 between Gisborne and Napier will operate on Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday (connecting with 6364 and 6367)
Tauranga - Hastings Services
- From 1 July, services 6606 and 7103 between Tauranga and Hastings will operate Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday
- Both services now have a morning departure
- There are no connections from services 6364/6367. Service 7710 now connects with service 6606 in Taupo.
Tauranga - Wellington Services
- From 1 July, services 7701 and 7710 between Tauranga and Wellington will operate daily, with timetable changes
Other recent service updates
- From 1 July, services between Auckland and Palmerston North resume, operating Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
- From 1 July, services between Kaitaia and Whangarei resume, operating Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
- From 1 July, services 6101 and 6108 between Auckland and Kerikeri will operate daily
- From 1 July, services 6357 and 6374 between Auckland and Tauranga will operate daily
- From 1 July, services 6210 and 6219 between Auckland and Rotorua will include a stop in Matamata
- Services between Te Anau and Invercargill are now available, operating Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
- Milford Sound day tours return on selected dates from Saturday 4 July
Here’s what you need to know about booking travel and preparing for your trip with us.
Availability and bookings
As we start to reopen our network, some routes remain suspended. Our network map shows routes currently operating. Click the map to view the full version.
Travelling safe with InterCity
We’ve changed some of our procedures to help keep our customers and our drivers safe. Here’s what we’re doing, and how you can help.
- Check your name, phone number and email address are correct on your booking so we can reach you for contact tracing purposes if needed
- Feel free to bring your own sanitiser, mask or other PPE with you
- Please do not travel if you feel unwell. If you do feel unwell, please contact us and we will transfer your ticket to another date free of charge.
Why isn’t the whole network running?
We are working to expand our network as demand grows.
When will the other routes return?
We don’t have a timeframe right now for when these routes will become available again, but we’ll let you know as soon as we have an update.
Can unaccompanied minors still travel?
There is no change to our unaccompanied minor policy, however please ensure children are aware of hygiene precautions to prevent the spread of illness (eg washing hands regularly, coughing or sneezing into elbows). If your child is unwell they should not travel – please contact us for a free transfer to an alternative date.
Will FlexiPasses be extended?
InterCity is extending the validity of passes affected by the COVID-19 lockdown period. Please contact us for more information.