What fare type?
We offer discounted Flexi Fares to the following groups of travellers. To view discounted fares please select your discount fare type using the fare finder opposite. For information on child fares click here.
- Student discounts are available on selected services only. Student discounts do not apply to InterCity transport passes or tours.
- Students include local secondary school students and students at local or international tertiary learning centres.
- Students aged between 13 and 16 do not require identification although proof of age may be requested by the driver.
- Students aged 17 and over require identification. Local students may use Polytech, CIT, University ISIC or other official student identification cards issued by their Regional Council (eg Canterbury's Cando card). International students must hold an ISIC card.
- Backpacker discounts are available on selected services only. Backpacker discounts do not apply to InterCity transport passes or tours.
- Valid ID cards are required when you purchase your ticket. These include YHA, BBH, ISIC, Nomads, VIP, Peterpans Gold Cards and Hostelling International Cards. The driver may request to validate your backpacker ID before allowing you to board.
Backpacker Tip: Check out our range of flexible New Zealand Bus Passes for discounted transport options including awesome activities and Interislander ferry crossings.
- Golden Age Fares are available on selected services only. Golden Age discounts do not apply to InterCity transport passes or tours.
- Golden Age Fares are only available to New Zealand Citizens aged 60+ years. ID or proof of age may be requested.
Booking and Payment Options
For online bookings, credit card or internet banking payment is required at the time of booking. (You cannot book online and pay later). Learn more about how to pay online using POLi Internet Banking
Alternatively, you can book and pay at any of our local Booking Agents nationwide, or through our National Contact Centre.