Can I change or cancel my booking?
The flexibility of your booking depends on the fare type you have booked. In most cases changes are possible, but change fees may apply. Please check our fare types page to find out what applies to each fare type.
You can change or cancel a booking at your local Booking Agent, through our Contact Centre (a $5 amendment fee will apply) or here online (booking fees apply).
To change or cancel a booking, you'll need to log in to the site with your booking reference and email address. If you're an InterCity Rewards member, use your Rewards number and password, and once you're logged in, click on 'View cart' at the top of the page. If you have a FlexiPass or a TravelPass, use your pass number and access code.
Changing Passenger Details
You can change your passenger details easily and quickly online.
- After logging in, click on the 'Edit Passenger Details' link found above the Confirmed Bookings.
- Make your changes and save.
Changing a Booking Online
You can change an existing booking in a few steps:
- After logging in, click on 'Change' next to the booking you wish to change, and use the fare finder on the page to search for the new trip you require.
- Add the new trip to your cart.
- You might see a message that your new booking overlaps with your existing booking – you can still add it to your cart, then cancel the original and checkout.
- You should now see your new trip under 'Unconfirmed Bookings', and your original trip under 'Confirmed Bookings'.
- Cancel the original booking by selecting 'Cancel'.
- If any refund is available, the credit amount will be shown and you can continue through to the payment page with your new booking. Booking fees apply.
Cancelling a Booking Online
It is easy to cancel a booking online; however the flexibility to do so depends on your fare type.
- After logging in, find the booking you wish to cancel and click the 'Cancel' button.
- If you have credit available after cancelling your booking, you can use it towards a new booking, or you can request a refund if you purchased a flexible fare.
- For Standard fares the credit must be used immediately as it will expire overnight.
- Credit for Flexi fares will expire after 28 days.
- If you are cancelling an existing booking and making a new one you may have credit owed or you may need to pay more. This will be clearly shown in the total box.
- Refunds are only available for Flexi fares. If you are entitled to a refund, click 'Refund My Credit' – the next page will give you options based on your original payment method.
- If you paid by credit card, we can refund to the same card. If you paid with POLi, we will need to manually refund to your account. There is a $2 admin fee for this service and you will need to provide your account details.
- Find out more about refunds.
Access a single booking
If you have booked a ticket online and need to edit details, dates, or destinations please enter the booking reference number and the email address you used when booking.
FlexiPass, FlexiTrips, and TravelPass holders - book trips, top-up, edit details, confirm bookings and review pass info. Enter your Pass Number and Access Code below.