Terms and conditions for carriage of Unaccompanied Minors
(To be completed in respect of children 7-12 years, inclusive. No child under 7 years old may travel alone.)
InterCity* & GreatSights cannot be held responsible for unaccompanied minors before, during or after bus journeys which means that:
- It is the responsibility of the legal guardian to ensure that a parent or guardian is at the stop to meet the unaccompanied minor. The bus will not wait and will leave as per its schedule.
- The driver will act in accordance with the stated Unaccompanied Minor policy.
- Children will not be supervised by the driver during refreshment stops. It is the unaccompanied minor’s responsibility to ensure that they get back on the bus on time.
- Children may only travel as unaccompanied minors on direct services. Children travelling on routes requiring a transfer must be accompanied by a guardian aged 18 or over.
- No amendment to the journey destination will be accepted unless confirmed by the parent/guardian
THE FOLLOWING MUST BE READ AND SIGNED BY THE LEGAL GUARDIAN OF THE UNACCOMPANIED CHILD/MINOR
I/We, being the legal guardians of the minor(s) mentioned, request InterCity and GreatSights to accept them for carriage as passenger(s) upon the service specified as an unaccompanied minor(s). I/we have read and understand the stated unaccompanied minor policy.
InterCity and GreatSights terms and conditions apply to the carriage of passengers and baggage. I/we agree to and shall assure to InterCity and GreatSights all the protection and benefits reserved to or conferred upon InterCity and GreatSights by such conditions. I/we indemnify InterCity, and GreatSights against all actions, proceedings, claims, demands, costs or expenses incurred either directly or arising out of any non-compliance by the said unaccompanied minor with any of the said conditions.
I/we hereby state that the minor(s) is/are seven years of age or over.
*InterCity applies to all bus services operated by franchisees and private operators.