FlexiPass Terms and Conditions
FlexiPass Terms and Conditions
Buying your pass
- Your FlexiPass is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
- You can cancel your FlexiPass and get a full refund if you haven't booked any travel on it, or if you cancel it more than 2 hours before your first booked trip.
- If you (or a previous owner) have already travelled on your pass, or if you cancel it within 2 hours of your first booked trip, your pass is non-refundable.
- We highly recommend making sure you have travel insurance to ensure you are covered if for any reason you are unable to travel after booking travel on your pass.
- Prices are in New Zealand dollars and are subject to change at any time.
- You can’t earn or redeem InterCity Rewards dollars on InterCity bus pass products.
Passes for multiple passengers
- Each traveller needs their own pass. For example two people can’t share one 30-hour pass – they need to buy two 15-hour passes.
- If you want to buy two or more passes in one transaction, our contact centre team can set this up for you – just get in touch.
- If you choose this option you and your friend(s) must travel together on all the same dates and services. Otherwise you’ll need to buy the passes in separate transactions.
- If you buy two or more passes in the same booking but later decide to travel separately, please contact us to split your pass. We charge a $50 processing fee for splitting passes.
Booking travel on your pass
- Buying a FlexiPass doesn’t guarantee you a seat on any service until you use the pass to make a booking.
- You must make your own travel bookings. You can book online, by free-calling our contact centre on 0800 222 146 (this number is for FlexiPass owners only) or through an InterCity agent.
- Passengers can book travel 2 hours before departure on bus services. During peak travel periods we recommend booking further in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Interislander ferry bookings must be made at least 26 hours in advance.
- Fullers GreatSights cruises and tours must be booked at least 12 hours in advance.
- For your own security, you need to provide your access code when booking travel.
- If a passenger’s name doesn’t match the name on the booking, they will not be allowed to travel.
- Hotel pick-ups and drop-offs are not available for pass owners.
- If you cancel a booking, the hours for the trip will be credited back to your pass, as long as you cancel at least 2 hours before departure.
- Calls to our 0800 number (for FlexiPass customers only) are free when made from a New Zealand landline or New Zealand mobile and may not apply to calls made using international SIM cards. Check with your mobile provider if you are not sure.
- You can use your FlexiPass to book travel on the following services:
- InterCity (IC), InterCity Link (IL) and Newmans (NM) bus services
- GreatSights New Zealand (GS) and Gray Line (GL) coach services, except services GS9737, GS9738, GL9722 and GL9723 between Queenstown and Milford Sound
- selected Fullers GreatSights Bay of Islands (GB) and awesomeNZ (AW) services
- You can travel on InterCity, Newmans and GreatSights services in any direction, but you can’t travel on the same service more than once in the same day.
- Travel on services run by these operators is not included in your FlexiPass:
- 380 Airporter (3B), TranzAlpine (AL), Abel Tasman (AT), French Connection (FC), Hanmer Connections (HC), Hobbiton Tours (HM), Hasslefree Tours (HT), Limousine South Tours (LS), Tracknet (TN) and Yello Cabs (WK).
- If you want to book travel on any of these services you will need to log out of your pass and pay for it separately.
- Timetables published by InterCity Group (NZ) Limited (InterCity) or the operators of InterCity third party services are indicative only. InterCity Group reserves the right to change prices and timetables and to arrange alternative transport, routes or sightseeing services without notice.
- You can book tours on your FlexiPass by logging in and following the instructions on the tours page.
- The Cape Reinga and Ninety Mile Beach tour and Hole in the Rock Dolphin Cruise can only be booked once per pass (even if the pass is sold to someone else).
- Infants (children aged 0-2) aren’t allowed on the Cape Reinga and Ninety Mile Beach tour.
- When you book travel on a GreatSights or awesomeNZ service, only the bus travel is included. There are no hotel pickups or drop-offs. You can pay for extras like entrance fees to attractions, cruises and lunches during the checkout process.
- Once a FlexiPass is activated, you can top it up at any time in units of 3 hours or 10 hours.
- Top-up hours are valid only within the existing life of the pass. They do not extend the expiry date of the pass.
- FlexiPass owners can sell their unused pass hours on to other customers. Agents cannot re-sell passes.
- You are welcome to advertise your pass for sale anywhere you like, and set whatever price you like. Many pass owners choose to post on our Facebook page.
- Once you have sold your pass, please contact us by phone or email so we can transfer the pass to the new owner. We’ll need you to confirm the new owner’s name, email address and a contact phone number.
- InterCity Group products and services are sold subject to the Carriage of Goods Act 1979 and:
- the terms and conditions set out on InterCity's website ,
- and any other terms and conditions published by the actual carrier or printed on the ticket;
- and any special conditions specific to that fare type or bus pass type.
- The total liability of any InterCity Group member (which includes any franchisee) or any of their contractors or agents for any cost, expense, loss or liability suffered or incurred by any passenger or other person, whether as a result of wilful default, negligence or otherwise, is limited to the lesser of:
- proven direct compensatory damages (which does not include, without limitation, loss of profit, revenue, saving or business or exemplary, indirect or consequential damages);
- or the amount paid by the relevant passenger for the product or service.
- If a customer acquires or holds themselves out as acquiring InterCity Group products or services for the purposes of a business the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 will not apply.
- For consumer information about the Carriage of Goods Act 1979 please refer to the Ministry of Consumer Affairs website: http://www.consumeraffairs.govt.nz/