Get more from your TravelPass with these great day tours
Many of our TravelPass bus passes include some great bonuses to help you stretch your budget that little bit further, like sightseeing day tours or travel on the Interislander ferry between the North and South Islands. Check your pass itinerary to see which of these great bonuses are included in your TravelPass.
Any questions? Read our TravelPass FAQs or check the TravelPass terms and conditions.
How to Book Tours on your TravelPass
- First, log in to manage your pass. On your pass dashboard page, search for travel to and from the stops shown below on your chosen date.
- On the search results page, select the available tour service. (Click the 'service info' link to read the service name and check it's the right one.)
- IMPORTANT: For Waitomo Caves and Milford Sound tours, you must click to add the 'extras' (ie entrance to the caves/your Milford Sound cruise) to your trip. You can also add additional extras like meals.
- At the checkout we'll book the trip and extras onto your pass. If you have selected additional extras that are not included in your pass, you can pay for them at this time.
Hole in the Rock Dolphin Cruise
Jump aboard the catamaran Dolphin Seeker for an unforgettable cruise through the sheltered waters of the Bay of Islands. Seek out playful dolphins, navigate through the 'Hole in the Rock' past Cape Brett and enjoy the gorgeous scenery of the Bay.
- Half day cruise
- Search for one-way travel to and from Paihia
- If you want to travel back to Auckland on the same day as your cruise, search for travel from Paihia to Paihia Wharf
This full day tour takes you from Auckland to Rotorua (or vice versa) via Waitomo - take a guided tour through the galleries of the world famous Glowworm Caves including a boat ride through the glowworm grotto.
- Full day tour
- Search for travel from Auckland to Rotorua or Rotorua to Auckland
- Includes entrance to Waitomo Caves & 45 minute guided tour (IMPORTANT: entrance is shown as an extra on your tour service. You must click and add it to your cart in order to book it)
Hobbiton Day Tour
Explore the home of the hobbits - the world famous Hobbiton Movie Set, where scenes from the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies were filmed in an amazing life-size recreation of Middle-earth.
- Half day tour
- Search for one-way travel to and from either Matamata or Rotorua (check your pass itinerary to see which option is included)
- Includes entrance to Hobbiton & guided tour
Travel to Aoraki/Mount Cook National Park and be mesmerised by New Zealand's highest mountain. Enjoy lunch with a view or explore picturesque Mount Cook Village.
- Available as an optional extra on selected TravelPass itineraries
- Search for travel from Christchurch to Queenstown or vice versa
- Lunch not included
Take an unforgettable journey into magical Milford Sound and experience the true beauty of the South Island. Cruise the fiord, surrounded by sheer cliffs, waterfalls and local wildlife, and marvel at Mitre Peak as it rises high into the sky above.
- Full day tour
- Search for one-way travel from Queenstown to Queenstown
- Includes cruise on Milford Sound (IMPORTANT: the cruise is shown as an extra on your tour service. You must click and add it to your cart in order to book it)
- Lunch is included
All of our national TravelPasses include travel on the Interislander ferry between the North and South Islands of New Zealand, making it easier for you to make your way around the country.
Please note that reservations, cancellations and amendments for Interislander ferry travel should be made no less than 26 hours prior to departure.
How to book ferry travel
Selected TravelPasses include travel on the TranzAlpine, one of the Great Journeys of New Zealand between Christchurch and Greymouth in the South Island.
- Search for travel from Christchurch to Greymouth or vice versa
- Please note you can only book this as a single one-way, non-stop trip (for example, you can not take the train to Arthur's Pass, stay the night and continue the next day).