At InterCity we have been working hard to improve your experience online, we have listened to all the valuable feedback we receive and have just launched this brand new look with some cool new features to help you book faster, allow you to manage your bookings and, if you're a Freeway member, use your points online towards fare payment. The fresh new design is easier to navigate and gives you access to all the info you need in a clear, intuitive layout. However the most important updates apply to the search and booking process and the new bells and whistles outlined below.
- The most important change in searching for a fare is the requirement to select the passenger type upfront - our system will give you all the best prices for the available flexible and non-refundable fares on the day. If you decide you want to see prices for other fares that's easy - just click on the New Search link above the search results and modify the passenger choice
- You may notice when you type in the 'from and to' fields more options in the area appear - this will help users find the stop that suits them best
- If you click on the location icon you will see the layout of all the destinations has an easier to read layout
- The search results now display amenity icons with rollover text so you can see upfront what each service provides
- You can see all the coach details by clicking on the + icon and any optional extras that may apply can be revealed by clicking on the arrow next to the "Optional extras' text
- Results are displayed for the entire week, just tab between days to find the best fare for you
- You can modify your booking at any time before checkout by opening up the New Search that sits above the search results and in the cart; if the new booking overlaps with a trip already in your cart this is indicated
- A great new feature allowing you to login to see an existing booking and either amend or cancel it
- You can access the ticket by entering the email address you used when purchasing and the booking reference number found on the confirmation page and email. Enter these in the login details found on the homepage under 'Manage My Booking' or by clicking the Manage My Booking link in the footer
- Credits and refunds depend on the type of fare originally purchased and you will find this information clearly stated throughout the process
- Forget the hassle of calling up to redeem your Freeway points, now you can login on the homepage, the Rewards Page or during a purchase and if you have points available you will be given the option to use them towards your fare payment
- If you are not a Freeway member it is easy to join when purchasing a ticket, just click Register Now in the Optional Sign Up or check the box on the My Details screen and enter a password. To find out all the benefits of becoming a member visit the Rewards Page
- If you have bought a pass you can login on the homepage with the pass number and access code to review travel booked and see how many hours or trips you have left. The pass dashboard also advises suggested itineraries, allows you to book travel and, when applicable, buy tops ups
- We've made it an easier process to register an unaccompanied minor - prior to this update a form had to be downloaded, printed out, completed and faxed through to us but now when a child fare is selected without an adult you will be asked to enter all of the details online and agree to the ts&cs. This info is sent through to all the right channels internally and the driver will receive a record of it.
- In circumstances where the child fare was not selected the download form is still accessible and the old process remains in place
We hope you enjoy the new experience and, as always, appreciate hearing your feedback. If you have any comments or suggestions drop us a note on our feedback form.