FlexiPass Terms and Conditions
- Each InterCity FlexiPass® is valid for 12 months from date of activation. Activation will occur when any travel reservation is made against the pass. There are no exceptions to this.
- FlexiPass® is non-refundable once activated and there are no refunds on unused hours.
- A one time booking fee of $1 per transaction may apply to the initial purchase of the pass.
- Passes can also be booked through a booking agent.
- Passengers can book 2 hours prior to travel on bus services.
- Multiple passengers on a single FlexiPass® booking: Each traveller must have their own pass. For example you cannot buy a single 30 hour pass for two people; you must buy two 15 hour passes. It is possible to buy two or more passes in one booking transaction. If you do this you and your friend(s) must travel together on the same dates and same services. However if you intend to travel on different dates or services you must purchase the passes in separate booking transactions. If you purchase two or more passes in the same booking but later decide to travel separately, please contact us directly to split your pass. A $50 administration fee applies for splitting passes.
Note: InterCity Group highly recommends that all pass holders carry adequate travel insurance to ensure no loss should they be unable to travel after their pass has been activated.
- Hotel pick-ups and drop-offs are not available for pass holders.
- You must make your own bookings, either through our free-calling number 0800 222 146 (for FlexiPass holders only) or online at least 12 hours prior to travel time. Interislander ferry bookings must be made at least 26 hours in advance. Fullers GreatSights Dolphin Cruises and Tours must be booked at least 12 hours in advance.
- For your own security, trips cannot be booked without an access code, so please make sure you have it handy when you book. You will be asked for your access code each time you book online or through the InterCity contact centre.
- Passengers will not be accepted for travel if their name does not match the passholder booking.
- Agents are not permitted to re-sell unused hours to other travellers. Only direct sales from passholder to passholder are permitted.
- If you are cancelling a journey, you will receive a full credit of hours for the trip booked provided at least 2 hours notice is given prior to departure.
- Pass holders may travel on InterCity, Newmans Coach Lines and GreatSights New Zealand services in any direction (with the exception of selected services on the Coromandel Peninsula which may only be booked in one direction - see our network map for routes), but travelling on the same service more than once in the same day is not permitted.
- Maximum of one trip per pass on the Cape Reinga and Ninety Mile Beach tour and Hole in the Rock Dolphin Cruise. Infants not permitted on Cape Reinga and Ninety Mile Beach tour.
- Travel with GreatSights New Zealand applies to coach only. Entrance fees to attractions and services extras (such as Milford Sound cruises) can be purchased at the time of booking.
- Activated FlexiPasses may be topped up at any time in increments of 3 hours or 10 hours. Note: Top up hours are valid only within the existing life of the pass, they do not extend the life of the pass.
- FlexiPass® is valid for travel on InterCity, Newmans and GreatSights New Zealand (excluding hotel pickups) operated services only. InterCity makes no guarantee of access to services operated by private operators (services not operated by InterCity, Newmans or GreatSights New Zealand) for FlexiPass® holders. For details on these services please see www.intercity.co.nz, or visit your local booking agent.
- Prices are in New Zealand dollars and are subject to change at any time.
- Calls to our 0800 number (for FlexiPass customers only) are free when made from a New Zealand landline or New Zealand mobile and may not apply to calls made using international SIM cards. Check with your mobile provider if you are in doubt.
- Timetables published by InterCity Group (NZ) Limited (InterCity) or the operators of InterCity third party services are indicative only. InterCity Group reserves the right to alter prices and timetables and to arrange alternative transport, routes or sightseeing services without notice.
- InterCity Rewards dollars cannot be earned or redeemed on InterCity transport pass products.
- InterCity Group products and services are sold subject to the Carriage of Goods Act 1979 and:
the terms and conditions set out on InterCity's website (www.intercity.co.nz), and any other terms and conditions published by the actual carrier or printed on the ticket; and any special conditions specific to that fare type (InterCity Regional Bus Passes and InterCity FlexiPass also carry special conditions in addition to those stated in this section). The total liability of any InterCity Group member (which includes any franchisee) or any of their contractors or agents for any cost, expense, loss or liability suffered or incurred by any passenger or other person, whether as a result of wilful default, negligence or otherwise, is limited to the lesser of: proven direct compensatory damages (which does not include, without limitation, loss of profit, revenue, saving or business or exemplary, indirect or consequential damages); or the amount paid by the relevant passenger for the product or service. If a customer acquires or holds themselves out as acquiring InterCity Group products or services for the purposes of a business the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 will not apply.
For consumer information about the Carriage of Goods Act 1979 please refer to the Ministry of Consumer Affairs website: http://www.consumeraffairs.govt.nz/